Pouline Middleton is an acclaimed writer. She was the first author in Denmark to write and produce an online blog novel under the title “One Woman Three Men”.
She wrote and published an episode every day for 2,5 months in both English and Danish. Then the full story came out as an e-book and a printed book. During this period the same script was sold at four different prices – and she had customers for all four categories.
In 2016 the novel appeared on the US market. She immediately got an agent in Hollywood and found a co-writer in Hollywood. They have made a pilot and a bible for a long running TV-series, and in the fall of 2019 their manager has started to shop it around.
Film, TV and Internet Productions
- Producer on the start-up of the digital storytelling Cloud Chamber, which got nominated for the Power to the Pixel award in London 2011. Producer: Vibeke Windeløw, director: Christian Fonnesbech.
- Writer and producer of the first Danish blog novel www.enkvindetremaend.dk The blog novel was published from April 10th to June 25th 2010. Then the book came out in print and as an ebook with a reprint six months later.
- Screenwriter on a number of episodes of the tv-series White Lies that was broadcast on TV3 (1998)
Film, TV and Internet – in Development
- Screenwriter on a pilot script for a tv-series based on the novel One Woman Three Men, for the US market (2017- now). Works together with Screenwriter Beth Serlin, Los Angeles.
- Screenwriter on the script for a tv-series based on the novel One Woman Three Men, developed with producer Camilla Oppenhejm (2013-14)
- Screenwriter on a webisode series based on the novel One Woman Three Men, developed with Oscar Film and the director Kari Vidø. The project received a development grant from New Danish Screen, The Danish Film Institute (2012)
- Screenwriter on Feature Film based on the novel One Woman Three Men, which the English film company AMC Pictures wanted to develop (2011)
- Screenwriter on a script in development for a feature film for young adults and their parents about the cold war called My Spy (2003) The project was developed at the Screenwriting Class: Northby Nortwest (2003) and further developed with producer Gina Fegan, Pinewood Studios, England (2010)
- Screenwriter on a script in development for a feature film about a 14-year-old girl who is forced to take part in the beauty contest that her mum won as a teenager called Beauty and the Island (1999)
- Screenwriter on a script in development for an Animated Feature Film about how knowledge is stored as highrises inside the heads of four children who need to cooperate to solve a crime called Hovedstad (The Capital) (2001)
Novels and a Handbook
- One Woman Three Men (DK: 2010) (US: 2016)
- Traces of Longing (DK: 2014)
- Go for Gold (DK: 2002)
- Seven Paths to Love – a Handbook (DK: 2014 ) (US 2016)
- Next Step, Woman (2010) Ed. by Christina Wex
- Fem@il (2000) ed. by Marie Kraul
Pouline was also the editor of the following books
- One Man Three Women, a novel by Peter Jorgensen (2010)
- One does not quarrel on a Mountain, a mountain expedition book by Jette Lind Johansen (1998)
Grants and Scholarships
The editors grant from Dansk Forfatterforening (The Danish Writers Guild) for revision of a crime novel dealing with religious issues (2015)
The Klitgaarden grant for a two week stay at the artist retreat center Klitgaarden in Skagen, Denmark (2005+2007)
The Hald Hovedgaard grant for a one week stay at the artist retreat center Hald Hovedgaard in Viborg, Denmark (2003+2008)
The acclaimed script writers’ course NorthbyNorthwest (2003)
A 2 year grant from the National Endowment of the Arts Program in Denmark (1999)
A grant from Dansk Kvindesamfund to support the writing of the film script for a feature film called Beauty and the Island about a young girl who deals with an eating disorder. (1998)